Business travel in the time of pandemic

As a corporate slave, I was very excited anytime I got any assignment to travel. To have a business trip was such a gift amid the routine we have behind our desk. Whether in my previous company mass media industry, or my current company. As a journalist I used to travel a lot. In my current company as well. 

Like many of you, I haven't been on a train, plane, etc since March. We cancel our events and another trip plans. Due to my fear of contracting the virus, I also canceled family end year vacation plan.  

But then, since the Covid vaccine produced and distributed and given us hope and a light at the end of what has seemed to be never-ending tunnel, people begin to assume that travel is safer now. As long as they are doing the protocols. Such swab test, masker on, wash hand frequently, and disinfect anytime they probably could. 

Travel is on everyone's mind right now. So do on my office mate and teammate mind. Earlier this month, we were planning to have a kick-off meeting in a resort surrounded by nature. We supposed to spend our time in a sanctuary place to develop our creativity and strategy to face challenge after challenge. In order to achieve another huge target this year, as well. Hahaha.. 

But, if you ask me. Despite my company were encouraging the employee to travel again, I actually don't feel comfortable doing so. I don't know, I would feel guilty traveling right now.  

I have a family and lovely kids wait for my return from business travel at home. Yet, Covid vaccine currently still a privilege to my family, like other family, perhaps. So, the only way I could protect them by preventing myself contracting the virus. 

Maybe you said this is a paranoid. But, wait until you have lost the one you love. And you can do nothing to bring them back to your live again. So, let's protect our family as long as we can. 

Fortunately, the universe answer my prayer and doubt. The plan is cancel. So, we are going to have an online meeting (again) appearantly. Hahaha~ 

I am very happy, that we probably save our lives and save the company budget. *wink* 

====
PS. Sorry to all my friends who is probably dying for this business travel. :) We can do better in the next years. 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Cerita Tentang Pengalaman Batin di Pulau Dewata

Curhat Kawan: "Kenapa Perempuan Bekerja?"

Perkembangan Teknologi Komunikasi